- Blount A (1998). Integrated Primary Care – The future of medical & mental healthcollaboration. Norton & Company, New York, London
- Snyderman R, Weil AT (2002) Integrative Medicine – Bringing Medicine Back to Its Roots. Archives of Internal Medicine, 162:395-397
- Health Canada (2001). Perspectives on Complementary and Alternative Health Care - a collection of papers prepared for Health Canada. Ottawa: Health Canada Publications. Accessible at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/pcahc-pacps/index-eng.php
- Center for American Progress and the Institute on Medicine as a Profession (2008). The Health Care Delivery System: A Blueprint for Reform 2008, USA. Accessible at http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2008/10/health_care_delivery.html.
- Samueli Institute (2008). Wellness Initiative for the Nation. USA. Accessible at
- Saks M (2003) Orthodox and alternative medicine – Politics, Professionalisation and Healthcare. Continuum, London, New York.
- Kelner M et al. (2004). The role of the state in the social inclusion of complementary and alternative medical occupations. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 12:79-89.
- National Academy of sciences (2005). Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States. Committee on the Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine by the American Public, USA. Accessible at http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11182
- House of Lords, Select Committee on Science and Technology (2000). Complementary and Alternative Medicine. London, UK. Accessible at: http://www.parliament.the-stationeryoffice. co.uk/pa/ld199900/ldselect/ldsctech/123/12301.htm
- The Prince's Foundation for Integrated Health (2005). A Healthy Partnership: Integrating complementary healthcare into primary care, UK. Accessible at http://www.fih.org.uk/information_library/publications/health_guidelines/a_healthy.html
- The Prince's Foundation for Integrated Health (2006). Shining lights: A practical guide for integrating health practice. Accessible at: http://www.fih.org.uk/document.rm?id=15
- The Prince's Foundation for Integrated Health (2008). Returning the Soul to Medicine: a vision of Integrated General Practice in the 21st Century, UK. Accessible at: http://www.fih.org.uk/information_library/publications/health_guidelines/returning_the_soul.htm