European Council of Doctors for Plurality in Medicine (ECPM)
The European Council of Doctors for Plurality in Medicine ECPM is a European federation of medical doctors‘ associations representing 52,000 medical doctors practising Alternative and Complementary Medicine (CAM).
The aim of ECPM is to promote plurality in medicine at EU level as well as in the different EU member states. To this end, ECPM works to achieve the following objectives:
• To promote freedom of medical practices and the patients free choices.
• To ensure that European laws and regulations as well as laws and regulations of the EU member states will guarantee freedom of medical practices and patients free choice.
• To communicate with EU Politicians and Representatives of Health Authorities and Agencies at international level on such matters.
• To make sure that medicinal products prescribed by CAM are available on the market.
• To participate in adequate evaluation of CAM medical practices and of CAM medicinal products therapeutic quality and effectiveness.
• To promote quality education and training for CAM practitioners.
• To make available to practitioners and patients all needed information to make well-informed choices.